[NSRCA-discussion] Nat's Fun Facts

Phil S. chuenkan at comcast.net
Mon Jul 30 16:28:23 AKDT 2012

Hmmmm...interesting piece of information.  However, with a cut-off at
10, and with scores piled up in the upper range of the 0-10 span, a more
useful statistic would be the median score.  In other words, we don't
have a normal distribution, so a few low scores would drag the mean down
disproportionally; so the median is a better estimate of the center of
the distribution.  Sort of the reverse of looking at the "average"
income in the US, where the few billionaires pull the mean
disproportionally up.

Also, how did the total number of scores entered end up not being a
multiple of the number of maneuvers -- different numbers of judges for
different classes or phases (e.g., P1-F1)?

While I know these are "fun facts," and they are interesting and I
really appreciate seeing them, I would still like to know the median, if
possible...

Thanks for sharing, Scott!

--
Phil Spelt, KCRC President