[NSRCA-discussion] Main battery redundant lead for receiver

John Gayer jgghome at comcast.net
Tue Jan 24 06:16:38 AKST 2012

You need to be somewhat careful about the products you parallel up for
the redundant supply setup. You cannot use a switching regulator such as
the Castle. These are usually touted as BECs. You cannot use the BEC
from your ESC if you have one. There is nothing wrong with these
products, you just cannot operate them in parallel with another power
source. If the regulator will accept an input voltage higher than a 2s
lipo, it is probably a switching regulator.
It is a good idea to use  regulators for which you can adjust the output
voltage to tune the load sharing.
John