[NSRCA-discussion] Main battery redundant lead for receiver

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 13:56:21 AKST 2012

Ah.  Now that's a good idea + point.  And then, in my case, where I'm
running HV, I don't even need a reg.  That would provide true power
redundancy for almost no weight penalty, though it does run the risk of
yanking your RX out if your main battery ejects, or, even if it doesn't
yank the Rx (which is held in by 6 servo leads after all, it could yank the
redundant battery lead loose and the main system battery is of course
yanking itself, so you are left with no radio...

Scott, how do you come up with 20g savings?  What size Rx battery are you
running?  My TP 1350's weigh 76g, even 900's are in the 60+g range.

Peter+

--
Director, Fixed Wing Flight Training