[NSRCA-discussion] Main battery redundant lead for receiver

Scott McHarg scmcharg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 13:09:58 AKST 2012

Guys,
   Chris Moon just e-mailed me about some leads that were done at the
factory.  These leads run off your balance leads to a voltage regulator and
allow your main battery pack to be utilized as a redundant receiver
battery.  It is NOT meant to be a primary but it will save 20+ grams if
you're running 2 rx batteries.  You still have to run the 2nd regulator for
true redundancy but you eliminate the 2nd battery.  These leads are factory
made and eliminate the need to make them yourself with the concern about
plugging in to the wrong cell.  I know in my article, I was pretty much
against doing this as a backup but, with Chris having this made at the
factory, he has all but eliminated making a mistake by tying to the wrong
cell.  I have the link that I'll e-mail you off-list or you can just go to
his website.  I don't want to break the NSRCA list rules by advertising for
him even though he advertises with the NSRCA.  The leads are only $3.99
each and are found under the Connectors/Adapters listing.

Thank,
Scott

--
*Scott A. McHarg*