[NSRCA-discussion] Why Cellpro 10S/10XP?

atwooddon at aol.com atwooddon at aol.com
Tue Jan 17 16:22:36 AKST 2012

When we first started flying electric pattern about the only charger available was the AstroFlight AF109.  It only handled a maximum of 9 cells so we split the packs into 2 5S and charged them seperately.  When the ThunderPower 1010C with an external charger was announced, it was jumped on because of the 10S capability as well as the balancers.  They worked well except the balancers which had a tendency to throw errors when they got too hot, but all in all they were a big step up from the AF109 for convenience as well as safety with the balancers.  When the FMA CellPro was announced with an internal balancer, it was a logical next step to address the balancing issues with the 1010C/balancer combo.  The Cellpro works well, is pretty intuitive to use so a lot of us bought them and stayed with them for a few years now.  There were other choices like Hyperion, iCharger, etc, but the Cellpros seemed to fit with pattern so a lot of use them.

No big research, more history than anything else.

Don