[NSRCA-discussion] Arming Switch

Bill's Email wemodels at cox.net
Mon Feb 13 06:41:23 AKST 2012

On 2/13/12 7:30 AM, Peter Vogel wrote:
> From the accidents I've seen or heard of, the issue is not a failure
> before takeoff, but rather a failure after landing (ESC already armed)
> or a pilot mishap that results in an unintentional bump of the
> throttle lever (neck strap, coat, etc)
>
> Peter+

On anything I fly with an electric motor my default start up condition
has zero throttle curve, so even if the throttle stick gets moved
nothing happens. I have to flip a switch to allow the throttle to work.
One more level of safety. I actually use one of the retractable rotary
knobs on my radios for this. Virtually impossible to accidentally move it.