[NSRCA-discussion] Arming Switch

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 18:19:57 AKST 2012

Just relistened to the host's description of what happened (it was his
plane) -- I was wrong on one detail, he wasn't straddling the tail when he
turned off the RX.  It did scare the **** out of him and he counted himself
very lucky that no one was hurt.  Point being, he relied on electronics
which had performed exactly as advertised 100s of times until the one time
they didn't.  I don't like those odds.

Some would argue my preferred arming switch (The Emcotec safety power
switch seen here: http://www.hkm-models.com/Emcotec%20Switches.html) does
the same thing and I should use a more traditional circuit interrupting
jumper ala the options Keith listed and I sent out a similar list a little
before that but it would take the simultaneous failure of multiple
independent components for that to happen.

Peter+

--
Director, Fixed Wing Flight Training