[NSRCA-discussion] Fwd: Another discussion topic relating tonewFAIrules

Rick Sweeney bacabbey at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 20:38:40 AKST 2012

It has been a long time,(1994-1995) but I recall when I was flying
Sportsman it was three in, one out, three in...etc. Advanced was all
turn-around as I recall. When I started flying pattern turn-around had
pretty much completed its transition so I never really flew non turn-around
style.

I was asking a Sportsman flyer at the field that is just getting into it
how he thought he might like removing turn-around in his class and he was
not real hot on the idea. He thought it would be to big of a transition
into Intermediate which is all turn-around. I do like the idea of removing
it but his reaction surprised me a little, but I see his point, as it would
be difficult going from no box, to all in.

Would it be possible for a CD to make the decision at his contest to hold a
non turn-around, Novice class to experiment with the idea locally? I am not
sure what the ruling would be on that.

Rick