[NSRCA-discussion] 6S+4S-Good or Bad?

Bill's Email silentav8r at cox.net
Mon Dec 10 11:11:48 AKST 2012

In my experience of running similar set ups this has not proven to be an
issue. Even when I was doing the boat thing and consuming 80% of the
pack capacity in 90 seconds or less, the 6/4 set up did not prove to be
a problem. You read that right. In the racing boat I would use around
9,000 mAh of capacity from the packs. Even at those loads, no issues. At
the significantly lower loads we see in a pattern plane I would not give
it much thought.

One caveat is to make sure that you always use those 2 packs together. I
use Hyperion chargers that will balance the 2 packs as if they were a
single 10S pack (both 4S/6S and 5S/5S).