[NSRCA-discussion] Going Electric - Battery Questions

PhilS. chuenkan at comcast.net
Fri Dec 7 17:09:40 AKST 2012

OK, so if my calculations are correct, a 10% difference in nitro amounts
to a 0.14% difference in weight.  In a 20-oz tank of fuel, I can't think
that will make a noticeable difference in overall aircraft weight or
balance.  So, doing all thehigher math -- actually, since the fuel is
going to fly, we must get into computational fluid dynamics!  ;-{) -- I
calculate that 20 oz of 25% fuel weighs 0.96 oz more than a 20oz tank of
14% nitro.  If my calcs are correct, that is hardly anything to write
home about!!!

Phil Spelt, KCRC President
AMA 1294 Scientific Leader Member
SPA 177 Board Member