[NSRCA-discussion] Going Electric - Battery Questions

Ronald Van Putte vanputter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 10:53:44 AKST 2012

This is a refreshing discussion.  I have been telling people for years that they don't need continuous discharge 35C, 45C, etc batteries because they would NEVER use it.  The response I often get is, "Well, more is better".  Certainly more $$$.  The Scottish ancestry blood in my veins boils when I hear that.

Another thing that torques me is when Sportsman and Intermediate pilots insist of getting 5000mah packs because that's what the "big boys" use.  I keep trying to tell them that any capacity more than about a 33 % reserve above what their maneuver schedule requires is dead weight that shouldn't be carried around.

Ron