[NSRCA-discussion] Rules change proposals

James Oddino joddino at socal.rr.com
Mon Apr 23 08:10:07 AKDT 2012

What does it mean?  Electric motors change the power as a function of the load applied.  For a given throttle setting the motor will draw more current as the model is pulled vertical for instance.  Is the rule trying to prevent that or prevent an improvement in its ability to do that?  Is it trying to outlaw braking or variable pitch props?

The question we should ask is; do we really want to outlaw anything that might make our models fly better?