[NSRCA-discussion] D$ ramblings and Cleveland contest update

Anthony Abdullah aabdu at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 17 18:16:42 AKDT 2012

Hello all,
I came back from Toledo with a renewed sense of purpose and a longer thank
expected to do list. To that end here is a very brief update on what is going
on;

I have been in almost constant contact with Pete Cosky working on getting the D4
website up to date. It is shameful how bad it is and I am committed to getting
that corrected as soon as possible.

Updates will include;
1. Updated contest schedule for 2012
2. Modern content, there should be pictures of modern airplanes on there, at
least something more modern than an LA-2
3. Improved content including contest pictures from the last couple of years
4. Information on the last couple years of district champions
5. Contest results from the last couple years.
5. Prolly some more things I haven't even thought of yet that I will find when I
go rambling through all of my digital pictures.

Anyone that has seen me try to program knows that I am technically challenged so
it might take me a minute to get up to speed, but I WILL get there, or wear Pete
out trying. If there is anything else you want to see  just drop me a line. I
also need more pictures, particularly the district champion group photo, I was
posing in the last couple so I don't have any on my camera <vbg>!!!!!

I spoke with the president of the Flying Aces Of Aurora club this evening about
hosting a contest. http://www.flyingacesofaurora.org/

Unfortunately the original date we had in mind (May 19th) is already spoken for
as there is a club fun fly already scheduled. We discussed other alternatives
and settled on a tentative date of May 26th and 27th. which just happens to be
the following weekend. He was very receptive to the idea but obviously couldn't
give me the green light over the phone. Instead, I will be pitching the idea at
our monthly club meeting a week from tomorrow. If everything goes as planned we
will be moving forward with the first Cleveland area contest in the last 15 or
so years!!!!

I will keep you all posted. Things will be moving extremely fast so stay tuned.

Thanks for letting me borrow your ears/eyes.
Talk to you soon
Anthony
D4
aabdu at sbcglobal.net