[NSRCA-discussion] YS 140??? and Happy Easter...

Jerry Wilson jcwilsonjr at comcast.net
Tue Apr 10 14:09:17 AKDT 2012

Where can a shim be bought?

Thanks,

Jerry

From: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org
[mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] On Behalf Of Ronald Van
Putte
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2012 8:37 PM
To: General pattern discussion
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] YS 140??? and Happy Easter...

Amen to what Jerry wrote.  My YS 1.40Ls ran beautifully once I added an
extra head shim.

Ron Van Putte

Former "Slimer"

On Apr 8, 2012, at 8:31 PM, Jerry Stebbins wrote:

Phil, the 140L is a great engine once you tame it, We tried several things
and they still kick back--more power than the 140S, and close to the DZ.
Finally thought it out, talked to YS about their compression, and came to
the idea of adding another head shim to ease it up a bit. Worked great, told
the YS folks and they tried it and got the same result. If you find a 140L
at a good price all it will cost is another head shim for a much smoother
runner,

Jerry