[NSRCA-discussion] beep tones

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 13:50:19 AKDT 2011

Yep -- it's the motor that acts as a speaker for the tones generated by the
ESC.  No motor, no sound.  You try different mounting options for a motor
and you'll see that the tones change in volume and pitch depending on the
resonance of the surface to which they are mounted -- basically by rapidly
vibrating the motor at specific frequencies you generate a tone matching
that frequency.

There used to be an ESC to which you could upload a small WAV file and it
would play the tune from the WAV file when it finished arming.  Totally
superfluous but kinda fun.  I don't recall who made it, may have been Jeti.

Peter+

--
Did you know? Arthritis affects people in all age groups including nearly
300,000 children.