[NSRCA-discussion] Nat's finals

Verne Koester verne at twmi.rr.com
Tue May 24 07:02:27 AKDT 2011

Speaking of which, I was just at the AMA site last weekend for the annual
D4/D5 contest. All the asphalt on the runways has been resurfaced and
they’re about ¾ of the way done resurfacing the roadways within the AMA
site. Flying off of new asphalt is about as good as it gets!

The box lines haven’t been painted yet but I’m sure they’ll be done long
before the F3A World’s and our Nats. I asked Bill Pritchett if he’d try and
influence the markings on Site 3 since it’s always been confusing and the
western-most station is just wrong. Bill’s going to see what he can do since
he’s a full-time AMA employee as well as a very good pattern pilot.

Things are looking up for the World’s and the Nats!!!

Verne Koester