[NSRCA-discussion] Treasure Valley Pattern Contest - This coming weekend

astropuppy astropuppy at gmail.com
Mon May 9 06:27:31 AKDT 2011

The current TV forecast for this coming Friday and Saturday is sunny in the
low 80's. Going downhill Sunday afternoon. Internet forecasts I have seen
are still calling mid 70's with a chance of rain throughout the weekend.
Boise is in the arid west, it never rains here. Right Linda? Basically, a
summer high presure area is trying to build over the west.

I have often said all of Idaho's road engineers got C's in college. Yes, for
the third year, I-84 is torn up through Nampa and Boise. Got to love those
Garvee bonds. Watch your speed, Idaho Highway Patrol needs money and has
really been cracking down on speeders, especially in 55mph construction
zones where fines are double.

If your coming into town from the west get in the right hand lane at the Wye
and stay in that lane all the way through town. The flying field exit is
just past the rest area up on the hill to the east of town.

If your coming into town from the east start looking for the exit after the
truck weigh station.

Turn south from the freeway. Map to the field with gps coordinates:
http://barks.us/field.shtml

There's a blue (highway) sign out on the paved road that says "BARKS"
marking the driveway to the field.

For Saturday night dinner I thought we would try some Hawaian BBQ at the
Hawaian Ono Café. http://www.onocafe.net/

Contest flyer:
http://www.nsrca.us/d8/2011/2011TreasureValleyPatternContest.pdf

The field will be open for practice Friday afternoon. Call me if you need
anything, have questions or just want to talk to a really friendly guy.

Mike R.

208-891-8917

astropuppy at gmail.com