[NSRCA-discussion] Off topic, but worth while - Uncle Jack

edwarda10pilot at aol.com edwarda10pilot at aol.com
Tue May 3 09:01:03 AKDT 2011

Keith:

 My dad served in the infantry with Patton but three of my uncles flew in WW2. One flew B-25's, one flew B-29's and my uncle Louis was the pilot in command of a  B-26 Marauder. Unfortunately, he was lost on his 36th (of 37 missions) over Sicily on January 1944 (at the age of 24). His plane had a fire in the bomb bay while on the run to the target and then took a direct flack hit in the #1 (left) engine. Only two crew members made it out. For his actions he received the Distinguished Flying Cross.

I am very proud and greatful for all that the Greatest Generation did to preserve our freedom.

Thanks for sharing, it was really great to watch it.
Ed