[NSRCA-discussion] bullets

Houdini76 at aol.com Houdini76 at aol.com
Wed Mar 30 01:09:52 AKDT 2011

Ron, what brand of connectors has the no bulge/slotted design?   Do you use
4, 5 or 6mm?

Rob

In a message dated 3/29/2011 8:01:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
vanputte at cox.net writes:

Good  stuff Verne.

I have noticed the difference in bullet connector design.  I used to  buy
3.5mm bullet connectors which had a "bulge" in the center of the male  part.
Recently, I noticed some 3.5mm bullet connectors which had no  "bulge" in
the male part.  They push into the female part because there's  a chamfer on
the tip of the male part, which compresses the slotted male  connector so it
will fit into the female part.  The big advantage of this  design is that
virtually all of the connector is mated with the other half,  unlike the ones
with a "bulge", which have significantly reduced contact area.  Then I
noticed that you can buy this same design in 4mm, 5mm and 6mm  bullet
connectors.  My opinion - these are far superior.

Ron