[NSRCA-discussion] More electric newbie questions

Dave Lockhart DaveL322 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 20 09:00:07 AKDT 2011

Using Castle stuff..

1) and 2)     definitely not...the idle RPM is not governed, and will wind
up substantially in downlines, RPM will be the same at the end of the
downline whether starting at low idle or high idle.  I'm not aware of any
different behavior on other brands of ESCs.

3)  definitely not..wind up in downlines is virtually indistinguishable from
using low idle.

Depending on just how many braking parameters you can adjust (which does
vary between Castle, Jeti, Schulze, YGE), it is possible to have too much
brake...at a point, the downlines will become faster again when the prop
disc is spinning too slowly.  I've been told that the ideal idle RPM (for
maximum braking) can be calculated, but I don't know anyone that has done
this (and I certainly don't have the knowledge to run the numbers).

Regards,

Dave