[NSRCA-discussion] Luminex Power supply

Keith Hoard khoard at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 13:30:32 AKDT 2011

Scott,

Something I learned from one of our club members who owns an HVAC business.
. . get a generator with an inverter.  The cheaper generators (like my $199
Tractor Supply special) are basically an alternator connected to a Bliggs &
Sratton motor with a mechanical governor keeping it on speed.
.
If you start approaching its power limits or the motor begins losing it
rhythm, bad things happen with the volts and Hertz and then you let the
magic smoke out of your power supplies and chargers in a big $$$$-shaped
cloud.

Keith Hoard
Collierville, TN
khoard at gmail.com