[NSRCA-discussion] FW:Anything new?

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Sat Jan 15 11:49:30 AKST 2011

On 1/15/11 12:28 AM, Tim Taylor wrote:

> RE:hello
> Hi,How are you?I have good news for you. Last week, I ordered one Nokia Phone from this website: www.3ccommerce.com I've received the item today. It's amazing! The item is original, brand new and has high quality, but it's much cheaper. I'm pleased to share this good news with you! I believe you will find what you want there and have an good experience on shopping from them. Regards

Apologies, it looks like Tim's Yahoo account was compromised and used to
spam the list.  I've temporarily moderated his account until he regains
control of the account.  Tim, please change your Yahoo! credentials and
security questions.

This is a lesson, if you have an account password that is shared amongst
multiple sites or is trivial to guess or derive, please consider
changing it.  There have been a huge number of guessing attacks in the
past few weeks targeting the Yahoo!, Hotmail, AOL and Google.

This is an older post, but the advice is still relevant:

http://blog.thoughtpick.com/2009/10/how-to-protect-your-hotmail-gmail-yahoo-mail-facebook-from-hackers.html

or

http://tinyurl.com/27lyh3e

--
Tom

    "Z80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, she's
          sucking mud again!" - Error message on XENIX v3.0

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com