[NSRCA-discussion] Robot Hummingbird passes flight test

Phil Spelt chuenkan at comcast.net
Wed Feb 23 10:20:23 AKST 2011

WOW!  What an R/C vehicle.  It has only cost $4M so far.  Think I'll
order a couple of them for my hangar...

There are a number of other micro-bots that have been and are being
developed -- some are like insects, others like Helis and planes, as
the article said.  As I understand it, some of these things are
already in use, such as around Area 51 in Nevada, and who knows where
else around the world.  Ain't technology wonderful?  Anyone notice
the pilot's 2.5 GHz Tx in that video?

At 05:57 PM 2/22/2011, you wrote:
>Boy, is this ever film clip great!  DARPA is always working on
>things; right now, they are interested in getting rid of, (or at
>least downgrading) that silly .223 caliber in the infantry's hands,
>and getting them some more power.
>In line with miniaturization, a few years ago, I saw where the
>Germans had developed a helicopter with the rotor diameter of a
>dime, and it also contained a real-time camera.  Only complaint was
>the flight time was limited to about 10 minutes.  We live in an age
>of miracles!
>Bill Glaze
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith Black" <tkeithblack at gmail.com>
>Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:55 PM
>Subject: [NSRCA-discussion] Robot Hummingbird passes flight test
>

>>Off topic, but way cool!
>>
>>http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-02-robot-hummingbird-flight-video.html
>>
>>Keith Black

-->The two most abundant substances in the Universe: Hydrogen &
Stupidity. --D. Watkins, KCRCer

Phil Spelt, President, Knox County Radio Control Society, Inc.