[NSRCA-discussion] New version of PACSS

Phil Spelt chuenkan at comcast.net
Tue Feb 8 18:13:47 AKST 2011

Gene,

Those changes are WONDERFUL!!!  They will make the package extremely
friendly for the different types of schedules (I am primarily in SPA).

Many thanks...

At 09:32 PM 2/8/2011, you wrote:

>There is a new version of the PACSS scoring software out on the web
>at <http://pacss.sgmservice.com/>http://pacss.sgmservice.com/. There
>are some pretty significant changes in this version so please spend
>some time using the system before you use it at a contest. I would
>appreciate any feedback, it is difficult to thoroughly test a system
>when one person designs, codes and tests.
>
>Here's some of the changes:
>    * Added the Maneuver and Schedule data to support the 2011-2012
> AMA patterns. If you are upgrading, these will have been added the
> first time you run PACSS after the upgrade.
>    * New look and feel including a functional Toolbar on all
> screens in addition to the menu bar. All functions now require an
> explicit "Save"
>    * Definition of the "Class Name" has been moved from the System
> Configuration to the Schedule data record. The Class Name for the
> Contest is initially populated from the Schedule but can be
> overridden in the Contest.
>    * Added a "Schedule Type" to the schedule data. This allows the
> definition of schedules other than AMA. Previously I have had to
> maintain separate versions of the system for SPA, MAAC etc. Now a
> Schedule type can be defined when adding a new schedule and can be
> selected at the contest level. In Contest Set-up this can be overridden.
>    * A new function has been added to the Contest Set-Up menu bar,
> "FAI-Finals". This function will let you automate the process of
> running a contest with both FAI Prelims and Finals NOTE: This
> function is not yet completed, expected release date is 4-1-11
>    * Included the "AMA Radio Control Aerobatics Competition
> Regulation" with the 2011-2012 version. The Class schedules Aresti
> diagrams, and maneuver descriptions have been merged into the AMA document.
>    * Added the last two version of the "FAI Sporting code, Section
> 4" to the Rulebook function
>    * Miscellaneous Bug-Fixes.
>

>Gene Maurice
>gene.maurice at sgmservice.com
>Dallas, GA
>AMA 3408
>NSRCA 877
>PACSS.sgmservice.com

-->The two most abundant substances in the Universe: Hydrogen &
Stupidity. --D. Watkins, KCRCer

Phil Spelt, President, Knox County Radio Control Society, Inc.