[NSRCA-discussion] FW: NATS 2012

Archie Stafford astafford at md.metrocast.net
Tue Dec 13 09:49:45 AKST 2011

	Ron,

	Under that arguement, there is no reason to enforce box violations,
any other judging downgrades.

	At not point have I ever said these wont be checked.  Some may and
some may not.  I will do my best to follow all of them depending on
resources available.  Checking the weight will not be difficult to do.
 Checking the markings of aircraft is also very easy and is something
I plan to do.  Autopilots and gyros are very difficult to check as
there are receivers and such now with them built in and you could
actually disable them from a switch on the TX.  I don't believe there
are many questions with the others as I actually investigated how
sharp a leading edge and such has to be to fail and I have yet to see
a plane that would fail that.  Not to say it isn't possible, but it is
a much sharper than we think it is by just looking at it.  Battery
voltage is also very easy to check.

	I knew this was going to come up and I am prepared for any
complaints.  I could see many of these complaints as viable if these
were things that were stated to be different from the rules.  My goal
is to more closely follow the rule book and just because something has
not been done in the past is not a valid reason to be for why it can't
be done in the future.

	As I said, my point is that everyone know ahead of time that the
rule book is going to be followed, and I encourage everyone to look at
the rule book and then look at your plane and ensure that your plane
follows the rules and then no one has a reason to complain or worry,

	Archie
 On Tue 12/13/11 1:38 PM , Ronald Van Putte vanputte at cox.net sent:
  OK.  If all the rules are applied across all classes, let's see the
rules regarding radii of leading edges, prop hubs, proper marking of
aircraft, battery voltage, autopilots, gyros and the like also
enforced.  Selective enforcement  of rules requires massive
explanations of why.
  Ron Van Putte