[NSRCA-discussion] NATS 2012

Dave Burton burtona at atmc.net
Tue Dec 13 09:05:41 AKST 2011

I may be wrong, but I think there were no Intermediate or Advanced airplanes
weighted or checked at the 2011 NATS. Consequently no complaints.

I have no problem with Arch running the NATS by the rule book, I would
expect  that.  Like someone else said maybe too much to weigh after every
flight. If I go, I'll play by the rules too.  Arch has stepped up and agreed
to be the ED and run by the rules. I applaud him for it! My problem is with
the rule and the frustration with NSRCA and the contest board for lack of
vision to see the need for change.

I will make a personal financial decision on how much going to the NATS is
worth relative to the total cost, including additional money to make my
planes legal,  just as everyone else does. But an additional $400-$800 will
probably tip the scales as not worth it for me for what is essentially just
one  contest as I would have no chance of winning or placing (I just want to
finish ahead of Van Putte!) .

Dave Burton