[NSRCA-discussion] NATS 2012

Dave Burton burtona at atmc.net
Mon Dec 12 14:19:46 AKST 2011

Arch, I got planes already. Buying another one that is "easier" to make
weight will cost several times the $400.00 it would cost in parts to reduce
the weight of the planes I have.

I'm with Mike on this one, The rule just makes no sense. I very much
disagree with you, Dave L. and others that rule changes allowing larger
planes and engines were the cause of the cost increases. It was the change
to turn around sequences that was the root cause. The TA sequences tasks
demanded the  airplane changes we've seen. The 5 Kg weight rule is just a
left over airplane size limiting  deal from the 1930's and serves no purpose
today. The 2 M rule is the size limiting rule today.

BTY, you could chose to run the contest the way it has been done in the
past. Weigh and measure only the finalist. Let the rest of us who won't be
in the finals go with slightly overweight planes if we want, have fun,
compete the best we can, provide manpower to help judge, attend the various
social outings,  and minimize the out of pocket cost for us.

Dave