[NSRCA-discussion] Quick question re: cellular data service at the fields where you compete

atwooddon at aol.com atwooddon at aol.com
Thu Dec 8 08:05:21 AKST 2011

I spent my career in IT and one of the most common operational problems was 'support'.  It all looks great on paper and getting it to work one time is considered success by the developers.  However, when a problem occurs with turnkey systems, typically there is no one around to resolve the problem and recover the system/data without re-entry.  I don't mean to be a nay sayer, but like I said making it work one time is not necessarily success.  Any system like this would need backup and or recovery capabilities at each stage of the entry, transfer, tabulation stages to ensure we don't have the contest grind to a halt because we had a 'problem'.

Love the idea, now explain the implementation and support........

Don