[NSRCA-discussion] World Team Members

Joe Lachowski jlachow at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 13 08:47:38 AKDT 2011

Verne, read the last notice put up by the AMA. Looks like the rules have changed since then. The even quoted a particular paragraph.

From: verne at twmi.rr.com
To: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:25:04 -0400
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] World Team Members

Joe,
FAI rules limits each country to three team members. The standing World Champion has the option of being a team member of his country or not. The only time a country can have four participants is when one of them is the standing World Champion and in that case, the standing World Champion’s placing will not count toward the Team Championship. That was the case in Portugal where Qui Que participated as the standing World Champion which facilitated three other participants, Andrew, Brett, and Jason. The Team standing (3rd) was the result of Andrew, Brett, and Jason’s final standings. Qui Que’s standings didn’t count. I was going to cite the actual FAI verbiage in my response but FAI is having trouble with their website and I couldn’t download the entire Sporting Code. I have the RC Aerobatics section, but I believe the answer to your question is in the General section. The World Championship is an FAI, not AMA, event. This year, AMA is the host, but the rules come from FAI.

Verne