[NSRCA-discussion] Emerald Coast Beachcomber Pattern Classic

Ron Van Putte VANPUTTE at COX.NET
Tue Sep 28 17:59:44 AKDT 2010

Rob Campbell asked me to post the following to the Discussion List.
For some reason, he can not get it to post using his e-mail as the
source.

Ron Van Putte

"Fellow Pattern Flyers,

"You are invited to attend the Emerald Coast Beachcomber Pattern
Classic on 16 and 17 Oct 2010.  The contest will be held on Eglin
AFB, Test Site C-3, on Florida Highway 285, three miles north of
College Blvd, just outside Niceville, FL.  Entry fee is $30, cash,
check, or money order.  Our field has been significantly upgraded
since the 90's and it now features a 400 ft by 50 ft smooth paved
runway that even I can land on!

"The plan is to conduct the pilots' meeting at 0800 on Saturday and
begin flying at 0830.  We will fly all classes, Sportsman,
Intermediate, Advanced, Masters, and FAI.  FAI will fly P-11 on
Saturday and F-11 on Sunday.  Awards will be presented through third
place in each class.  Food and beverages will be sold at the field.
We tried to arrange for on-field camping, but the Air Force said no,
so if you plan on camping, we recommend Fred Gannon Rocky Bayou State
Park, which is on Highway 20, just across the bridge east of
Niceville.  Link is http://www.floridastateparks.org/rockybayou/ .
For those who prefer a staying in a motel, I recommend the Quality
Inn, Niceville.  It's located at 101 Highway 85, Niceville, FL
(Intersection  of Hwy 85 and Hwy 20).  Their rate is $79.99 per night
plus tax ($71.99 with AAA or AARP).  Unfortunately, this is the
Mullet Festival weekend so none of the local motels are offering
special rates.  The Quality Inn is only honoring AAA and AARP that
weekend.

"On Saturday, we will fly the first round from the east side of the
runway (facing west) and then we will switch sides of the runway (we
will need to move vehicles and any shelters at that time) for the
remainder of the day.  For Sunday, we will see where we stand and
will only fly from the east side if we need to start early.

"If there is enough interest, we will have a social at Ed's (formerly
Perry's, and Nicometo's before that) in Niceville on Saturday night.

"If you think you may attend, please pre-register by sending me an e-
mail with the following information:

NAME:						ADDRESS:														E-MAIL:

AMA NUMBER:					NSRCA NUMBER:					CLASS FLYING:

FREQUENCY: *					INTERESTED IN ATTENDING A SATURDAY NIGHT DINNER/
SOCIAL? (Y/N)

*For 2.4 GHz, please enter either 2.4 GHz or S.S. (Spread Spectrum)
above

"For additional information and a map to our field, please visit
http://www.eglinaeromodellers.org    Updated information will be
posted here and mailed out as it becomes available.  Please forward
this information to anyone you think may be interested in attending.
If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me at
rgc1701 at earthlink.net or call me at (850)499-7095 ( I just got a new
cell phone).  Please come out for two days of great flying and fun.

"See You There!

"Rob Campbell, Contest Director"