[NSRCA-discussion] Proposed NSRCA sequences for 2011 and beyond

John Fuqua johnfuqua at embarqmail.com
Thu Sep 23 07:53:14 AKDT 2010

Matt

Maybe some history is in order.   We tried maybe 8 or so years ago to put
NSRCA in the same condition that IMAC has enjoyed for many, many years -
take control of schedules.  At that time AMA shot it down against our wishes
- new leadership now and times have changed.  The Board did not arbitrarily
make a decision to give up its "responsibility".  Rather the Board choose to
give NSRCA the same privileges IMAC now enjoys.  The risk here is that NSRCA
will not step up to its new responsibilities.  So far the NSRCA leadership
seems to be stepping up to the plate.   NSRCA should not want to give up
control as WE are supposed to be the voice of RC Aerobatics (AMA has taken a
corporate position to hand over many day to day responsibilities to the SIGs
to include running the NATS).  As in any organization we will have differing
opinions on things but seems to me that we have the resources to discuss,
cuss and then come to consensus for the betterment of our avocation.

John