[NSRCA-discussion] PACSS Update - Help Needed

Archie Stafford astafford at md.metrocast.net
Fri Sep 10 09:01:48 AKDT 2010

	Gene,

	How about the ability to support more judges.  Had we run a finals
at the NATS in Intermediate and Advanced, that would've helped a lot
as I know Dave wanted to run less rounds with more judges.

	Arch
 On Fri 09/10/10 12:45 PM , "Gene Maurice"
gene.maurice at sgmservice.com sent:
    v:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);} w:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}

	Tony,
	That would be Option 3, thanks for the input
	Gene Maurice

	gene.maurice at sgmservice.com

	Dallas, GA

	AMA 3408

	NSRCA 877

	PACSS.sgmservice.com
	FROM: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org
[mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] ON BEHALF OF Tony
 SENT: Friday, September 10, 2010 12:07 PM
 TO: 'General pattern discussion'
 SUBJECT: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] PACSS Update - Help Needed
	Gene:
 I fly the FAI P sequence on Saturday and the FAI F on Sunday.  It
could be 3 or 4 flights on Saturday and 1 or 2 on Sunday, but usually
2.  I don’t weigh one more than the other, they count equally.  Hope
that helps some.
	Tony Stillman, President

	Radio South, Inc.

	139 Altama Connector, Box 322

	Brunswick, GA  31525

	1-800-962-7802

	www.radiosouthrc.com
-------------------------
	FROM: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org
[mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] ON BEHALF OF Gene
Maurice
 SENT: Friday, September 10, 2010 11:15 AM
 TO: 'General pattern discussion'
 SUBJECT: [NSRCA-discussion] PACSS Update - Help Needed
	I am in the process of a major update to the PACSS system and need
some help.
	Part of this update drastically changes the way Schedules are
defined and used. The change will result in the system being able to
support schedules for multiple organizations, ie. AMA, MAAC, SPA,
etc., in the same release. This includes the default class name and
description being imbedded in the Schedule, Schedule Import from an
external sequential file, etc.
	To help me work thru this process I need a couple of things:

	1.       A copy of the “SCHEDULE.MST” file from anyone who has
created a custom schedule record and used that schedule in a contest.
Without this information I can’t automatically convert the data
during the release upgrade process and would have to default any
unknown schedule, that is, any schedule that is not equal to the
schedules originally delivered with the system, to “UNKNOWN”

	2.       The schedule information for any organization that would
like to have schedules included in this upgrade in Text, Word Doc, or
Excel format, anything that I can convert to a sequential file. I
don’t want to have to type all that data in!!!

	3.       This includes the 2011 AMA schedules, does anyone have them
in the above formats.
	In addition, I’m finally going to try and fix the automatic
processing for a contest flying both FAI Prelims and Finals.  In the
past I’ve asked for input on this with little response, so I’ll
try again. Are there any scoring scenarios that should be considered?
How have you run a contest with Finals? What is currently included in
the automation is:

	1.       System Performs NO automated process

	2.       Fly two separate classes. Contestants will automatically be
entered in both classes

	                i.e. 3 of 4 Prelims rounds has separate standings
from 1 of 2 rounds of Finals

	3.       Change the FAI schedule to the FINALS after PRELIM round:
XX

	                 Contestants assigned Schedule is automatically
changed to the Finals Schedule after the XX Prelim round,

	i.e. 4 of 6 rounds used in standings calculations regardless of
schedule flown

	4.       Create a Normalized Round 1 in the FINALS after PRELIM
round: XX

	                 i.e. If 2 rounds of Finals are flown, standing
would be calculated as best 2 of 3

	                      with the standings from the Prelims weighted
equal to the Finals
	And finally, ANY other suggestions. All will be considered. Without
input I have to assume the system is perfect and having worked in
systems for over 35 years I know that’s not true. Besides, a single
resource designing, coding  and testing a system is prone to error!!!!

	The help is greatly appreciated………………………..
	Gene Maurice

	gene.maurice at sgmservice.com

	Dallas, GA

	AMA 3408