[NSRCA-discussion] Mike Riggs Sportsman's articles

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 05:20:55 AKDT 2010

 Thanks Mike for doing these K Factor articles. I find them a "must" read. Its good to be reminded of the times when we were all new to the sport.
 When I think back to my beginnings I can't help but think how I wouldn't have ever started without the help of my father. It's surprising how many of us started because of our fathers. I know in your case Mike that you basically started in the hobby in Chicago a long time ago largely due to your fathers interest in RC planes albeit not particularly in pattern. Still having grown up here and having worked at Al's Hobby shop as a kid you had a large exposure to pattern fliers. I'm glad your enjoying yourself.
 In the 60's and 70's Chicago played a very important part in pattern with fliers like Ed Kazmirsky and Norm Page. Also we had Goldberg, Midwest, Du-Bro and Top Flight all centered in our area.
                                  Mike Mueller