[NSRCA-discussion] Carbon Wheel Pants

Mike Moritko mkmsg at cox.net
Thu Oct 7 19:38:11 AKDT 2010

Folks:  Graph Tech is in the process of making up a replacement carbon wheel pant for the Bolly F3A which is no longer available.  If you would like to make an input with regard to size, shape, etc., suggest you contact Mike at Graph Tech (ohiocarbon at aol.com).  In my view, the Bollys were too narrow.  I like the Dubro Diamond Lite wheels as they are light weight, inexpensive and very readily available.  I used to have to sand the hubs on those wheels to get them into the Bolly pants.  Pattern flyers should also consider that a contest site may not have a paved runway where small wheels/pants work well.  Grass fields can add sufficient drag to cause a gear to fold on those pattern ships which have a minimalistic gear mounting structure.  In any case, if you have an opinion, suggest you provide it to Graph Tech so they can meet the needs of the pattern community.

Mike Moritko