[NSRCA-discussion] Acceptable use policy for the list...

Ronald Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Thu Oct 7 05:18:28 AKDT 2010

It'll be interesting to see what happens next. The survival of our
newsletter is tied directly to the number of advertisers.  If those
who sell products related to our hobby don't think it is profitable
to continue advertising in the K-Factor, our newsletter will
founder.  I'm sure the poor economy is part of the problem.  As the
owner of a small hobby shop, I can tell you that my sales this year
will be about half of what they were 5-7 years ago.

It appears that the number of competitors is down in the southeast.
I was stunned to see only 12 competitors at the O.J. Stillman contest
in Jacksonville just over a week ago.  That contest normally has
numbers in the high 20s - low 30s.  The Huntsville contest in
September used to be a major contest, but there were so few
contestants that we were either flying, calling or judging all the
time.  I know that numbers like that will cause clubs to think twice
about hosting another contest.  After a hiatus of almost ten years,
my club, the Eglin Aero Modellers, is hosting a contest in just over
a week.  I hope the number of competitors is sufficiently high,
because, if they are, I'm sure we will continue hosting the contest.
If not, there won't be another contest.

Ron