[NSRCA-discussion] Pletty CC HV 85 issue

Dave DaveL322 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 2 17:27:05 AKDT 2010

21x14 on the Evo with good batteries is in the range where the full power
screech might occur (on older software).

With the 2.16 or 2.18 software, you were probably on the edge of a screech,
but that version of the software did nothing to specifically anticipate or
stave off the screech.

With the 3.2 and higher software, it anticipates the screech, and adjusts
timing and reduces power to the motor to ensure that the screech does not
happen.  If you are very close to full throttle on the ground before surging
happens (and light comes on and off), I seriously doubt the surging will
happen in the air, as the amps will drop considerably in the air as the prop
unloads.

66% ATV on high throttle sounds about right for Futaba.

Regards,

Dave Lockhart

Team Castle Creations

  _____