[NSRCA-discussion] A123 and Regulator

brett terry brett.terry at gmail.com
Mon May 31 21:51:43 AKDT 2010

I am about 4 years into running them on 50cc and 100cc planes.  No
regulator, no problem with any servos at all (Hitec, JR, Futaba).  After the
first few minutes the A123 voltage drops below the starting voltage for a 5
cell NiCd or NiMh pack anyway, and stays around 6.6 - 6.3 volts until it
dumps rapidly at the end.

Digital servos, analog servos, etc., it doesn't matter in the vast majority
of instances.  The only servos that seem to have a problem are the ultra
high speed Futaba heli rudder servos and gyros, which SPECIFICALLY state
they are to be used with a 4.8 volt (nominal) power supply.