[NSRCA-discussion] FW: NOTAM/TFRforChicago, IL - 5/27-31 (Memorial Day Weekend)

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Thu May 27 17:55:29 AKDT 2010

--- On Thu, 5/27/10, Bill's Email <wemodels at cox.net> wrote:

I am wondering if there is a difference to how Air Force One handles a downwind turn. With Bush did it turn easier to the right and now with Obama it turns more easily to the left?? Or does it not matter, because everyone knows that downwind turns are dangerous regardless of the direction??

LOL. Had not thought about that.

Interestingly enough, a couple of weekends ago I was at Andrews AFB. I was helping out the Radioactive airshow team, they put on some demo flying inside one of the big hangars. Anyway, I got there late Thursday night, was cleared to go through the gate, but had to drive all the way around the runway to get to the other side of the field where the hangar was. Looked up and saw AF1 pass right overhead. I arrived at the ramp gate just as they shut down all traffic on the base for "presidential movement". Saw the motorcade pass about 50 feet behind me. I told a friend of mine about this and his reaction was "Wow, you missed two great opportunities to moon the president."  Somehow, I don't think anyone there would have been amused.

Bob R.