[NSRCA-discussion] NOTAM/TFRfor Chicago, IL - 5/27-31 (Memorial Day Weekend)

Bill's Email wemodels at cox.net
Thu May 27 06:15:00 AKDT 2010

Richard Strickland wrote:
> But seriously, what about the 'every once in a while' guy, the
> fellow/gal who's got their own field on a farm, park fliers, etc. that
> don't have the slightest idea they are now flying in restricted
> airspace?  As a practical matter, I don't see it as enforceable.
> RS

The AMA sends out the notice of TFRs to all chartered club safety
officers, which is one reason that clubs re required to submit a valid
email address for that person. Clubs are expected to determine if their
field is affected and to post that it is closed if it is.
And as with all things, ignorance of the law is not a defense.