[NSRCA-discussion] New Himax F3A Motor

AtwoodDon at aol.com AtwoodDon at aol.com
Tue May 4 07:23:24 AKDT 2010

I have about 30 flights on my production Himax 6330-F3A motor.  It is  very
smooth and quiet with zero issues so far.  Several people have  commented
on how much quieter the Himax is than my Dualsky motor.   I  ran the Dualsky
motors for about 3 years and I think the Himax is a better motor  from a
workmanship viewpoint as well as overall performance.

One think I find very interesting is the interaction between the testers
and the manufacturer to get input to what the pilots wanted.  They were  very
responsive and had quick turn around to feedback and changes.  Only  time
will tell about the longevity of this motor but so far it looks very
promising.

There is a thread on RCU Electric Pattern forum about this motor with some
performance specs, etc.

Don

In a message dated 5/4/2010 6:35:08 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,