[NSRCA-discussion] New Himax F3A Motor

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Tue May 4 05:34:57 AKDT 2010

I got some of the "early bird" Himax F3A motors from Maxx Products.
I don't have one in my airplane yet, but loaned one to John Fuqua to
evaluate.  The results look promising.  The best motor John has is
the Fury from Shulman Aviation.  The Himax doesn't perform as well as
the Fury, but it costs a lot less.  The other motor John has tried is
the one I am currently using, the Dualsky 6360-12T.  The Himax motor
seems at least as good as the Dualsky.

I was interested to observe Kyuho Lee from Gainesville demonstrate
the capability of the Himax motor by demonstrating a hover with his
airplane after our contest was postponed last weekend.  The winds
were very high (one of the reasons the contest was postponed), but he
did not seem to have any difficulty regarding power.

Does anyone else have any data on the new Himax F3A motor?

Ron Van Putte