[NSRCA-discussion] curious

Dave DaveL322 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 23 14:49:56 AKDT 2010

Bill wrote -

Like I said, a couple of years ago nobody even heard of latency, now it is
the Holy Grail.

I might be in the minority, but latency was most certainly an issue with
some of the early PCM radios (which were SLOW, compared to a good FM set).

So far as the latency in recent times, it was noticeable with early 2.4
sets..and even some relatively modern sets I find difficult to fly because
of the variation in latency (differential between minimum response time and
maximum response time).  Most of the modern radios are fast enough that the
latency is not an issue, and whatever latency there is can be pretty easily
adjusted too, if it is consistent.

Regards,

Dave

  _____