[NSRCA-discussion] curious

Bill's Email wemodels at cox.net
Tue Mar 23 08:45:04 AKDT 2010

Andrew Jesky wrote:

> I'm with you on this one Mark, I could notice the latency a little bit
> in some systems but the servo grouping is nothing that I can tell. I
> think the guys that really see this are the heli guys. I have talked
> to many of them and they do tend to tell me they can "feel" the
> difference. They are using much more servo throw all the time between
> positive and negative collective as well as cyclic.
>

> Andrew

Andrew is right, this all got started with the heli guys who flew CCPM.
On a big plane grouping is noce just to minimize servo stress and
current draw, but it is not something you are going to feel while
flying. And in a glider the only thing I ever work hard on matching is
that the flap throw is matched through the entire range of movement.

Like I said, a couple of years ago nobody even heard of latency, now it
is the Holy Grail.