[NSRCA-discussion] Carbon Fiber Spinners

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Mon Mar 22 15:33:12 AKDT 2010

I am currently flying an E- Genesis with a CA Models carbon fiber
spinner, which I got from Net Box Hobbies. The spinner retails for
about $65 and costs more after adding shipping and sales tax.

Last week I received three World Models 76 mm carbon fiber spinners
(http://www.theworldmodels.com/para/products/search.php)  from
AirBorne Models, U.S. distributors of World Models "stuff".  Included
in my order were three World Models 76mm carbon fiber spinners.  They
are physically identical to the CA Models spinners.  A single screw
attaches the spinner to the metal backplate, like Tru Turn spinners.
I was blown away by their quality; they are better made than the CA
Models ones AND cost about 1/3 what the others do.

I took the three World Models spinners to the contest at Ocala, FL
(great contest BTW), sold every one of the spinners and could have
sold more.  I have ordered all the remaining spinners that AirBorne
Models had in stock and have requested that they order more.

If you're flying an E-Anything and can use a 76mm carbon fiber
spinner, I suggest that you look into the World Models ones.

Ron