[NSRCA-discussion] How to Promote Pattern

Bob Wilson wilsorc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 05:41:53 AKST 2010

Make sure you organize some "after-hour entertainment".  We have a Friday
night pre-contest get together at a local eatery and a club member invites
all the contestants to a BBQ at his house on Saturday evening.  It doesn't
hurt that Peoria has a gambling boat and Big Al's (for the singel guys).

For the price of admission we provide lunch.

In naming the event I tried to come up with a name that was different and
not easily forgotten.

Visit with every flier and make them welcome.

Shop around for the trophies.  A lot of the local "sport trophy stores" are
WAY too expensive!

Finally, make sure that everything runs as smoothly as possible.  Get
someone to be in charge of the scoring program that really knows what
they're doing.

Bob Wilson
Fat Lake Pattern Rendezvous (July 31-Aug 1)