[NSRCA-discussion] Tint Clear Canopy

Verne Koester verne at twmi.rr.com
Mon Mar 8 19:15:38 AKST 2010

Ron,

That's exactly how I did my Smaragd canopies if that's the effect you're
looking for. One other tip, put a few small unobservable pinholes from
inside the cockpit into the fuse so it can vent. Otherwise, your canopy will
get that sucked-in look when it's hot outside. On the Smaragd, I went right
through the dashboard with the pinholes and you couldn't even see them. I
glued a small piece of shop-vac bag over the holes from the fuselage side so
no dust could enter the canopy. Obviously, you can't put any glue on the
pinholes or you'll defeat the purpose. I found I had to reduce the Pactra a
lot to get it to spray right. I tried the spray bombs, but they had a lot of
spatter. I bought the small bottles and used an airbrush.

Good Luck!

Verne