[NSRCA-discussion] Charging a JR 12x

Ryan Smith smaragdz at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 5 18:35:09 AKST 2010

Rick,

I presume that the charging methods for a Triton and Triton 2 are similar. I
have also charged my 12X and 10X batteries on a Thunder Power 610C with
great results.

I was lazy, and bought a premade JR charging lead with banana plugs to use.
Be sure that you have the correct charge lead, if you have a Futaba one,
reverse the positive and negative, otherwise you'll be sending in your
battery to get the fuse fixed. Charging settings are pretty self
explanatory, you should charge it as a NiMH, and I never went above 1/2A to
charge my packs with. They were usually done fairly quickly, even when drawn
down. Also, as a little extra precaution, I always take the battery out of
the transmitter when I charge using anything other than the wall charger.
I've not heard of anybody having trouble otherwise, but it's just an extra
layer of safety, as well as the ability to keep your TX safe and prevent it
from falling off of something.

I hope I have provided you with what you're looking for. It's a fairly
straightforward procedure.

Take care!

Regards,

Ryan