[NSRCA-discussion] LiFe batteries Hobbico

Bill's Email wemodels at cox.net
Thu Mar 4 19:47:42 AKST 2010

Ed Alt wrote:
> Very flat discharge curve too, so it's more difficult to know what's
> left to go.
>
> Ed

I'm using the Hyperion brand LiFePO4 packs in a few different planes. So
far I am very happy with them. Ed is right that they drop off like a
rock at the end, but given their performance and ability to be charged
at 4C there is no excuse for running them, or any battery for that
matter, right up to the bitter end. The Hyperion packs have a single
plug made with heavy gauge wire.

I have some discharge curves for anyone that is interested. This list
does not allow attachments. Let me know and I'll send them to you.

I get my Hyperion packs from http://www.rclipos.com