[NSRCA-discussion] Max volts

rcmaster199 at aol.com rcmaster199 at aol.com
Thu Mar 4 08:39:47 AKST 2010

Okay I see what you are saying Dave. I think you are after a form of voltage regulation to power the plane as we do on airborne radio packs. To me, that's far simpler than I originally believed it to be. There is no magic done to regulate voltage down from a 2 cell lipo for example, to a usable magnitude in the airborne stuff. It sounds like it's a similar arrangement for the power plant also, but don't know enough about ESC's to make a reasonable assessment. In the case of the airborne regs, Ed explained his design. There is nothing there construing a violation.

I am also using his IBEC design for powering the CDI unit on the SAP180 gassie and there is no violation there either. Just straight forward regulation from an RX port to the CDI and filters to eliminate spurious signals from the CDI/spark plug wire back to the RX

Matt