[NSRCA-discussion] Max volts

Phil Spelt chuenkan at comcast.net
Mon Mar 1 13:02:27 AKST 2010

Turns out, that biological (living) has a fairly
high internal resistance at initial voltage
application, but it drops rapidly (resistance
does) as current flows, such that the longer the
current flows the lower the internal resistance,
thus the more current flows for a given
voltage.  How do I know?  My graduate work
involved live laboratory animals, and we had to
know these things for our research.  At one point
I was rewiring my mentor's laboratory apparatus,
in when we used capacitive discharge timers.  I
unplugged everything and was getting shocked
frequently late one night.  I finally even
unplugged the radio and wall clock...I learned
about capacitive discharge from that!! lol (but not at the time!)

At 04:53 PM 3/1/2010, you wrote:
>Well, the body is not a perfect conductor. It
>would take way more than 40v to cause any appreciable current to flow, IMHO.
>
>--- On Mon, 3/1/10, Atwood, Mark <atwoodm at paragon-inc.com> wrote:
>

>Actually very true.  But picture someone trying
>to save weight and combining two 6s packs to one
>connector and accidently “touching”
>something in the process.  That will pull a
>200amps peak @ 50V
enough to get crispy.

>Mark Atwood
>
>Paragon Consulting, Inc.  |  President
>
>5885 Landerbrook Drive Suite 130, Cleveland Ohio, 44124
>
>Phone: 440.684.3101 x102  |  Fax: 440.684.3102
>
><http://us.mc11.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=mark.atwood@paragon-inc.com>mark.atwood at paragon-inc.com
>|  www.paragon-inc.com

-->There are only two types of aircraft -- fighters and targets.

Phil Spelt, Past President, Knox County Radio Control Society, Inc.